I am currently redecorating my (five year-old) daughter’s bedroom, transforming it from the bright red space that we inherited when we bought the house, into something altogether more tranquil. Butterflies have to feature somewhere, as per the brief from my tiny client.
Balancing my daughter’s desire for something ‘girly’ whilst avoiding an overload of pink has been vaguely challenging, but I think a happy compromise has been reached in the scheme shown.
1. Swedish Single Bed (from Bump)
2. Antique Butterfly wall stickers (from Love Mae)
3. Wee Willy Winky Lamp (from Laura Ashley)
4. Chantal Small Chandelier (from Bombay Duck)
5. Rose Stripe Cotton Fabric (from Cath Kidston)
(Pavilion Blue paint – in background – from Farrow & Ball)