I love the shortlist pages at the front of magazines as they are always full of inspiration. I therefore thought that it might be useful to do my own version of these here on a regular basis, so that I can share some of my recent discoveries and ideas.
As I’m currently planning a revamp of my son’s room (he’s seven), accessory ideas for a boy’s room seemed like a good place to start.
- Hector Bibendum Table Lamp – I love this update to the (surely now iconic?) ‘Hector’ lamp. Launched to mark the 21st anniversary of Original BTC lighting and the centenary of Michelin House, home to Terence Conran’s eponymous shop and Bibendum restaurant, the lamp is inspired by the Michelin man’s tyre body and also features Original BTC’s braided flex, in a choice of four colours.
- Famille Summerbelle London Screen Print – A fabulous paper cut map of London. I quite like the idea of getting the New York and Paris ones as well and hanging small clocks above showing the various time zones.
- Bold & Noble ‘Alphabot’ Print – A great print for a boy’s room.
- Love Mae ‘Robot’ wall stickers – We’re big fans of Love Mae’s stickers in our house as they’re so beautifully designed. The robots caught my son’s eye and are on his wishlist for his new room.
- Heal’s Wooden Sharpener Desk Tidy – What child could resist this giant sharpener?
- Zinc Wire Mail Basket – Used individually, or perhaps as a row of three, these would be perfect for storing books, toys and magazines.
Images: As per links above